The independent Venice Town Council is meeting at 7pm Monday, June 7 at the Methodist Church Auditorium, 2210 Lincoln Blvd.
The topic will be how to fight against permit parking (Overnight Parking Districts, OPDs) that Los Angeles is attempting to impose on us. The motiviation for the permit parking is to evict those who live in RVs from Venice.
If you can’t come on Monday night, please come to the Coastal Commission meeting on June 10. OPDs are item number 14 on the agenda. It’s at the Marina del Rey hotel, 13534 Bali Way, MdR (same place as last year).
The Town Council is a democratic organization of Venetians that is not affiliated in any way with the city of Los Angeles. Please support it with your presence on Monday.
For more information on the current threat to Venice, see:
See you Monday!
- Save The Venice Post Office
- Town Council meeting on Vera Davis Center and Post Office – June 16
- Petition to Save Vera Davis Center Services
- Save the Vera Davis Center services
- Venice Cityhood Meeting
- Venice Cityhood – Powerpoint/Keynote Presentation
- Venice Cityhood Committee Sign-up
- Actions of the July 1, 2010 Venice Town Council
- Venice Town Council meets June 7
- Venice Town Council bravely meets on Friday the 13th
- Coastal Commission votes to hold hearing on Permit Parking
- Nov. 14 Meeting – Permit Parking