- Election of a Chair/facilitator and Secretary/recorder.
- What should be done with the Venice PO annex? The U.S. Post Office has announced that they are going to be asking for bids for the property at the Circle to Rivera. If we can keep it public, it could be used for homeless services, parking, etc.
- All things OPD. Now is the time to get involved if you don’t want permit parking on your doorstep.
- March 3 city election – consideration of endorsements and non-endorsements. Candidates for all city offices, community college trustees and Board of Education are running. What have they done for Venice, and what should we do for them?
- Update on pending lawsuits over the police invasion of Oakwood last Feb. 19. It was one year ago that police went on a rampage in Oakwood, knocking down doors and terrorizing senior citizens. People are standing up against this injustice. What can we do to help?
The Coastal Commission voted, Feb. 4, to hold a hearing on permit parking in June in Marina del Rey
Honor Roll of Venetians and others who have appealed to the Coastal Commission the City of L.A.’s scheme to impose permit parking on Venice:
Peter Douglas, Coastal Commission Executive Director
Carol E. Green
Ethel M. Gullette
Ayana D. Guy
Neal D. Hasty
Terry L. Hendrickson
Peggy Lee Kennedy
Calvin E. Moss
Janine K. Pierce
Venice Community Housing Corporation
Eva Jane Williams
Rev. Thomas C. Ziegert
- Save The Venice Post Office
- Town Council meeting on Vera Davis Center and Post Office – June 16
- Petition to Save Vera Davis Center Services
- Save the Vera Davis Center services
- Venice Cityhood Meeting
- Venice Cityhood – Powerpoint/Keynote Presentation
- Venice Cityhood Committee Sign-up
- Actions of the July 1, 2010 Venice Town Council
- Venice Town Council meets June 7
- Venice Town Council bravely meets on Friday the 13th
- Coastal Commission votes to hold hearing on Permit Parking
- Nov. 14 Meeting – Permit Parking